Datos personales

My photo
wanna know more about me? read my blog =)

Followers




Friday, July 3, 2009

My Kids-Taylor





I was 18 when I got married the 1st time in August of 1991. Two months later I got the most amazing news in my life. I was going to be a mother.

Few things in life ever come close to this news for most women. For me, being pregnant was magical. It is an experience that you will never forget. God has blessed women by allowing us to be the ones to carry our precious children and bring them into the world. Yes there is pain at the end, but one look at that amazing little life and you forget it..

The first thing that made me suspect I was pregnant was at 5 weeks. We were stationed in Oklahoma and I got in the shower one morning and the water spray felt like knives! Ladies, you know what I mean. I remember being in a hurry and just letting it go. When it happened again the next day, I started counting back. I went to the store and got a test and there was the prettiest + sign I have ever seen..

A couple days later I went to the military clinic and it was official. I remember calling my mom and she was so excited! Chris was at some training exercise (this would become the norm). Mom was sure from the beginning that the baby would be a girl. She sent me a beautiful pink baby dress.

December 27th, 1991 I started throwing up. That would be the beginning of almost 7 full months of morning sickness. Strange that they call it Morning Sickness when it happens 24/7. Over the course of my pregnancy with Taylor I lost 28 pounds. Other than getting sick 4-5 times a day, everything else with that pregnancy was picture perfect. No medical issues of any kind related to the pregnancy and even very little swelling! Chris was in the Army and he got orders to go to Germany when I was about 5 months along so I moved in with Mom and Dad til after the baby was born.

Taylor was due on August 11th but because the nausea was getting worse every day and I got to where I couldn't hold anything down they decided to induce me on July 21st. Mom was there with me through the whole thing. Induction started about 5am and they broke my water at 6am the next day. Finally at 2:28pm on July 22, 1992 she was out. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I can still close my eyes and see that moment in my mind. Every detail about her. How tiny she was . How perfect her little mouth looked. Counting all of those sweet fingers and toes. The red tint to her hair. I was 19 years old and I had a baby that was all mine. This little person who depended on me for every single thing. It was scary and magical and wonderful.


That day was almost 17 years ago. So many things have happened in that amount of time. From her first time nursing , her first steps, the first day of school down through time to her first love and her prom. When I look at her sometimes I can't believe what an amazing woman she is turning into. Goodness knows I have not been the perfect parent over the years but pride still fills my heart that I must have done something right. Shes so smart and beautiful. Talented and mature. Shes so grounded , more so than alot of her friends and she knows just who she is.

So soon that tiny baby will be moving out to start her adult life. It seems so sudden that she could possibly be old enough to be at her last year of school. Wasn't it just yesterday that I put her on the bus for the first time ? That her childhood is coming to a close causes my heart to ache, but at the same time I am looking forward to being there for her like my mother was for me. Through her first pregnancy one day when she will hold her own tiny miracle in her arms, a day she will never forget no matter how time passes by.....


2 comments:

ღKelli Lynneღ said...

She was an amazing child and has turned into an even more amazing (almost!) adult. Its amazing how fast they grow up....I still remember her all chubby cheeked and giggling when she learned she could jump on her Aunt Kelli's bed and not get in trouble! :)

Anonymous said...

Mommy, that made me cry. I love you.